Tuesday, April 18, 2017

North Korea and Black Market Exports

This week’s discussion on exports was very focused on how developed economies conduct international business. This had me curious of what an underdeveloped country does for export. More so, I was curious what a country under heavy trade sanctions with few allies does for export. That country is North Korea, and as it turns out, itrelies very heavily on black market trade to support their economy. The only legitimate export they have, counting for 75% of all export, is coal exported into China. The other exports out of North Korea are: slave labor, weapons, drugs, and cybercrime.


1 comment:

  1. I've never actually thought about what North Korea exported, but given their history, I cannot say that I was too surprised.

    ReplyDelete